Want to help out? The following auction items still need to be sold … Contact us for more information.
1. Hampton Inn Beale downtown 1-night stay valued at 200 selling for 100.
2. Hampton Inn Germantown 1 weekend night stay valued at 140 selling for 50.
3. St Columba Kids Camp 1 week of camp valued at 190 selling for 80.
4. The Dive Shop scuba dive experience for 2 valued at 200 selling for 100.
5. Stacy Ferguson Art a print of her work valued at 150 selling for 50.
6. 2 paintings by local artist valued at 40 selling for 20.
7. 1 large picture valued at 50 selling for 20.
8. Lakeland Chiropractor x-rays, evaluation, treatment, 2 ice/heat packs, and Biofreeze valued at 160 selling for 50.
9. Christian Brothers Automotive 3 services valued at 275 selling for 50.
10. Battlefront Laser Tag party for up to 10 valued at 180 selling for 80.
COMEC’s Executive Director, Len Edwards, recently spoke to WREG.
The Commission on Missing and Exploited Children
Established in 1984, The Commission on Missing & Exploited Children is a nonprofit organization committed to the safety and protection of all children by providing prevention and intervention services.
The organization collaborates with a number of community partners, including the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County and the Memphis Police Department, and offers a number of important services, including safety education for children, counseling, child identification programs, distribution of fingerprinting kits for youth, and technical assistance to parents, law enforcement, and other organizations.
We provide free training for parents and educators individually or through schools/organizations and parent groups, on a variety of topics such as truancy, bullying/peer relationships, child predators/abductors, child, and teen drug/alcohol prevention, gangs, internet safety, and runaways. Over the years, thousands of children and families have benefited from their prevention and intervention services.